How to build backlinks for your ecommerce brand
There are a number of things that you need to do in order to build backlinks for your ecommerce brand. In this article, we will outline some of the most important ones.
The Do’s of Backlink Building
1. Do your research – Start with your competitor’s backlinks
The first thing that you need to do is research your competitors and find out where they are getting their backlinks from. You will then use these backlinks to try and improve your search engine rankings and increase your authority on the internet.
2. DO – Create backlinks from social media sites such as Pinterest and Facebook – Low value, but quick
If you want backlinks that will really make a difference to your business, it’s time to start using social media sites such as Pinterest and Facebook. These sites offer great potential for backlinking, and they can also help to improve your brand’s visibility online.
3. DO – Submit your website to authority directories – Low value, but easy
Another great way to get backlinks for your ecommerce brand is to submit your website to authority directories. This will help to increase your domain authority and improve your backlink profile.
4. DO Get backlinks from PR sites – Medium Value
Getting backlinks from PR (Pulbic Relations) sites is a great way to get backlinks for ecommerce brands. You will need to reach out to these sites and offer free products or services in return for links back to your site. If you have any problems with this, you can engage the services of a backlink building company like ourselves, or the many others out in the world.
Good places to start are PRWeb & HARO
5. Reach out to other bloggers and ask for backlinks – high value (depending on the site) and hard
Finally, one of the best ways to get backlinks for your ecommerce brand is to reach out to other bloggers and ask them for backlinks. This can be a great way to build relationships with other bloggers and establish yourself as an authority on the internet.
There are many different methods to building backlinks – look at our more comprehensive guide if you want to go down that rabbit hole
6. DO – Continue backlinking regularly – A must for maintaining an increasing domain authority
Once you start a backlinking program for your ecommerce brand, it’s important that you continue backlinking on a regular basis to stay in tune with Google’s changing algorithms. This will help to keep your backlink profile clean and ensure that you retain your search engine rankings.
The Don’t of Backlink Building
7. Don’t – SPAM people with low-quality emails – Will damage your reputation
One of the worst things that you can do when building backlinks for your ecommerce brand is to spam people with low-quality emails. This will not only damage your reputation, but it could also get you blacklisted by Gmail, which would be disastrous for your business.
8. Don’t – Buy backlinks from dubious backlink sellers – A quick way to get your backlink profile banned
If you’re looking for backlinks, the temptation is always going to be there to buy backlinks from backlink sellers. Unfortunately, this is a very quick way to get Google’s attention and have your backlinks profile banned. It may also damage your ecommerce brand
9. Don’t – Buy some backlink service on Fiverr or UpWork – You have been warned!
Much like anything else in your life, you get what you pay for! And if its cheap, its results are most likely going to suck. A lot of these people will just sign you up for BS sites, send out duplicate content, us PBN’s (Private blog Networks), and generally other icky black-hat SEO techniques.
10. Don’t Automatically target backlinks from other ecommerce sites – Make sure you do research on the backlink site first
When building backlinks for your ecommerce brand, one of the most important things is to make sure that you are targeting backlinks from high-quality backlink sites. You can compare backlink sites with
11. Don’t – Create backlinks from spam sites – Will also damage your backlink profile
Another thing that you need to watch out for when building backlinks for ecommerce brands is creating backlinks from spam sites. This includes directories, blogs and websites that have been created purely to generate backlinks. These backlinks will actually.
Spammy sites should be apparent but check out our guide to avoiding spammy sites if you need a reference guide.
12. Don’t – Build backlinks from a PBN / backlink farm – You know that site where you have to complete some backlinking task ten thousand times? Yeah, don’t do this
Similar to link networks and spam sites, backlink farms are built purely for backlinks and often house low-quality backlinks. Google has been
Our final thoughts on backlink building for e-commerce brands
Building backlinks for ecommerce brands can be a daunting task, but if you follow the right strategy and avoid some of the common mistakes, you can increase your Google rankings and build your domain authority. Just remember to be patient, stay focused and don’t try to take shortcuts – they often backfire.
If you’re looking for more backlink-building tips, be sure to check out our comprehensive backlinking guide. And if you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!
And as always, feel free to reach out and get a free SEO audit to see how we can help grow your brand’s organic search presence.